Wedding photography and video falls into several categories as events of your Big Day unfold
If you scroll through the categories of Wedding Day Photography and Video in my blog menu you will be able to envisage your wedding photography and video within the various events of your wedding day.
When capturing your wedding photography and video we try to make sure everyone has the chance to feel included and have fun on your wedding day
Guests and relatives have often travelled from far and wide for your wedding. It’s nice for them to feel included, and definitely provides great mementoes for your wedding photography and video portfolios. Most of all we want you and your guests to really enjoy the wedding photography and video events of your wedding day.
It’s helpful to appoint someone in advance to make sure guests and are ready for specific wedding photography and video sessions
- Very often the bride and groom appoint members from the bridal party – the best man, or a family member who is familiar with the guest list
- This is your special day, so you will find you are in the middle of a variety of photo groups as your big day unfolds. We organize wedding photography and video sessions so that you get breaks to be with friends and family, both as a couple and individually
- I suggest you also appoint a bridesmaid to take care of the bride throughout the photo sessions – to provide make-up if required, make sure the bride and groom always have refreshments, keep an eye on the brides dress for crumples and creases and generally to be the best bridesmaid on the planet! Being a bridesmaid is all about caring for the bride!
Engagement ‘Save the Date’ Pre wedding photography and video
Many couples use engagement photo sessions for their Save the Date websites.
Engagement photography and video provides a great way to get to know your wedding photographers, and get used to relaxing with the camera. Our engagement photo sessions are an additional option in our wedding photography and video package options.
‘Getting Ready’ wedding photography and video ‘Bridal preparations’
Bridal preparations as well as preparations of the groom and his supporting party are an exciting part of wedding day photography and video.
Blog Category: Getting ready
- We offer wedding photography and video package options for either the bridal preparations we call ‘The Fairy Tale’ or the combination package option, ‘Hidden Treasures’ for both bride and groom preparing for their wedding.
- I always suggest the bride and her party always allow an extra hour, over an above the time you calculate you will need to get ready. This allows time for really lovely pre wedding bridal photography
- We always capture lovely wedding photography and video mementoes of the bride and her bridesmaids, and also of the bride with her father, and on her own, looking he most lovely as she is about to depart for the wedding.
Wedding photography and video ‘Before the Wedding Ceremony’
Before your wedding ceremony we aim to capture wedding photography and video of your wedding location set up along with the arrival of the groom and guests
Blog Category: Before the wedding
Depending on the wedding photography and video package options you have selected, this is where the Foundation package of ‘Your Wedding Story’ begins
- Usually the groom and his supporting party and best man arrive to welcome family and guests before your ceremony commences.
- This provides a great opportunity for wedding photography of the boys, usually having a hand shake and larking about!
- We spend a few minutes with the groom and his parents, and any immediate family
- If the mother of the bride is at the wedding location prior to the arrival of the bride we often capture photography and video of her a this point.
As guests arrive we capture mainly candid photography and video. If requested we record video of guests passing on a surprise message to the lucky couple – always a surprising memento when your video arrives.
We often capture wedding photography and video of the bride and her party following her arrival at the wedding location prior to her entrance or the ceremony. This depends on the wedding location, the wedding package you have booked and your wedding schedule
Wedding photography and video of ‘Arrival of the Bride’
There is always a thrill in the air as the bride arrives for the ceremony
Blog category: Arrival of the Bride
Whether by bridal car, on foot, or by horse and carriage, we capture wedding photography and video as the bride enters the ceremony. Guests are always in awe – a feeling of suspense and anticipation charges the atmosphere! The arrival of the bride is included in your Foundation Wedding Story package for photography and video
The arrival of the bride is usually a very emotional experience for both the bride and the groom.
- The bride very often has tears in her eyes – overcome by emotions as she prepares to enter the ceremony and take her place alongside her groom.
- Take your time as you walk down the aisle! We love to capture photography and video as the father or supporter of the bride gives you away!
Wedding Ceremony photography and video
We capture wedding photography and video throughout your ceremony
Blog Category: Wedding Ceremony
Wedding Ceremony photography and video is included in ‘Your Wedding Story’ Foundation photography and video package
- Think about how you are going to move into position for the ceremony.
- Have a bridesmaid prepped to sort out your dress and veil.
- Take cues from your photographer and the wedding celebrant throughout your wedding ceremony; both will guide you!
- Have a bridesmaid prepared to take your wedding bouquet before the exchanging of the rings takes place, and remembering to hand it back to you before the ceremony moves forward after the exchanging of your rings
‘Just Married’ wedding photography and video
Blog Category: Just Married
Your ‘Just Married Kiss’ – your First Kiss as husband and wife is all yours. To the sound of cheers, whistles and hoorays the moment is all yours. We love capturing the wedding photography and video of your First Kiss – so much that we often ask you to have another one!
Take your time while signing the register. We like to get candid video and photography alongside some happy posed snaps as you are signing the register -man and wife!
We also want to get some wedding photography and video of your party who will be signing your life away with you! At this stage there is no hurry! Take your time and enjoy every moment. Your guests will be relaxed and chatting together – all in all you are basking in the ‘just married’ afterglow!
Just Married photography and video also includes you being introduced as husband and wife, and often being showered in confetti as you walk back down the aisle.
- We capture candid wedding photography and video as friends and family meet and greet the bride and groom
- If guests are provided a champagne or juice cocktail we love to get a group shot of everyone together “Three Cheers for the Bride and Groom”
Photos and Fun – happy mementoes with guests, family and friends
We are well organized in our approach to capturing family and friends mementoes for wedding photography and video
Blog Category: / Photos and Fun
A typical approach in your photos and fun sessions would be to capture wedding photography and video of the bride and groom with family
- the father and mother of the bride
- the father and mother of the groom
- both sets of parents together with the bride and groom, followed by brothers and sisters on each side
- extended family members on each side and then all together
Following this and depending on the time schedule, and a chance for the bride and groom to have taken a break – we often capture photos and fun with the bride and groom
- with all the lady guests
- with all the gents
- with all the children
- this is also a great time to get photos specifically requested from the bride and groom along with candid photography and video as spontaneous events unfold prior to your reception commencing
Bridal Party photography and video – fun for all!
Wedding photography and video including the bride and groom with their bridal party is always lot of fun
Blog Category: Bridal Party
- Depending on the location setup and whether your wedding ceremony is taking place at the same location as your reception we organize the photography and video accordingly.
- We love to capture a mixture of wedding photography and video of your bridal party – all together as a group – and also the bride with her bridesmaids and the groom with his men. Small group shots of the bridal party spontaneously arise throughout the day.
Couple Portraits – relaxed and natural with a touch of Hollywood glamour! Always Sealed with a Kiss!
Blog Category: / Couple Portraits
We strike a balance of candid wedding photography and video of the bride and groom throughout their wedding day as events spontaneously arise – along with relaxed and beautifully posed photography – the Hollywood Shots!
‘Reception’ Wedding photography and video
Depending on your package options you can choose to have wedding photography and video for ‘Mini Style’ reception or ‘Full reception’
Blog Category: / Onto reception
Your Foundation Wedding Story package provides for wedding photography and video from ‘before the wedding’ until after the bride and groom have entered the reception to e seated for the evenings events. We can either say goodbye at that point, or you may book our services for wedding photography and video for a Mini style reception or Full reception photography and video
- If you choose to have us stay with you for either reception option we capture wedding photography and video as events arise throughout the evening.
- We never film during meals and always appreciate a small bite to eat!
Your relationship with your wedding photographer and videographer is important
To get the best wedding photography and video, in a thoroughly enjoyable manner it’s essential that you are relaxed and enjoying the experience.
This is your wedding day after all! We love our work, and know exactly how to direct you in a subtle and relaxed manner, making the most of spontaneous photo opportunities as they arise as well as beautifully posed moments.
With your wedding photography and video, you are embarking on an exciting wedding day adventure.
As you will see by looking at some of our wedding photography and video, the events of your wedding day will be quite unique. You will find yourself leaning on your photographer and videographer for guidance and to a certain extent for reassurance!. We are with you every step of the way, albeit most often in the background, and know how to make sure you enjoy every moment.
Please phone 0273269726 to discuss Forever and Always Wedding photography and video in the Bay of Plenty and Tauranga regions with Michele Wilburn. Prices start from a budget package of $650.00 Special Offer photography and video packages, including bridal preparations, all day through reception events for just $950.00
Wedding photographers gallery links for Wedding Day Photography
Engagement / Bridal preparations / Before Ceremony / Arrival of bride / Ceremony / Just Married / Families and Friends / Photos and Fun / Bridal party / Couples Portraits / Reception Entrance / Wedding Speeches / Wedding Receptions
Wedding photographers gallery for Bridal party photography
Wedding photographers gallery for Beautiful Brides
Wedding photographers gallery and posts for Wedding Plans and Schedules
Wedding photographers gallery for wedding bouquets and flowers